(click on flag to translate on your language)

Heart monitoring while sleeping

edited August 2018 in Problems

Hello !

Since August the first, I do not get the heart rate measures while sleeping. I can't remember to have modified something in the settings but... The DNS of the watch is settled to AUTO and here are my screenshots. Any idea how to fix ?

Comments

• Am I the only one concerned ?

A specific message to the developper : could you tell me which are the conditions to make this feature works ? I mean which settings must be on or off within the 2 apps (notify and amazfit)
    Thanks !!!

• edited August 2018

I have the same problem in notify & fitness for amazfit :(

• Well this is strange as it was working till August the first...

• Same issue here... (with Band 3)

• Same for me, since Mi Band 3. No MiFit installed. Works always with Mi Band 2.

• Same here since few days with my miband 1s.

• I have the same issue. With Mi Band 2. I do not get the heart rate measures while sleeping, although I have it enabled (heart monitoring) in the settings.

• Message to the developper :

Could you please have a look at this feature which used to work before ?

• Hi,
    I installed an old version (6.10.5) and the heart monitoring while sleeping works very well.
    Hope that developper can fix this.
    Don't want to go back to mi fit.

• @RaS_KoR said:
    Hi,
    I installed an old version (6.10.5) and the heart monitoring while sleeping works very well.
    Hope that developer can fix this.

Hey there !
    Where did you find that version ? Is it a clean official version ?
    It does not seem to show up when you tap on "older versions" within the app. It brings up other versions (6.6.3, 6.2.8, etc - maybe the developer does not include 6.10.5 because it was buggy ? )
    Google search brings up files I cannot trust - and I do not want to install cracked or malware infected .apks.

Thanks in advance.

• @LostEchoes said:

@RaS_KoR said:
    Hi,

Hey there !
    It does not seem to show up when you tap on "older versions" within the app. It brings up other versions (6.6.3, 6.2.8, etc - maybe the developer does not include 6.10.5 because it was buggy ? )
    Google search brings up files I cannot trust - and I do not want to install cracked or malware infected .apks.

Thanks in advance.

I installed it from my last Titanium backup.
    You can get the 6.9.4 version from here : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onezerobit/notify-fitness-for-mi-band/notify-fitness-for-mi-band-6-9-4-release/notify-fitness-for-mi-band-6-9-4-android-apk-download/

Or I can try to upload my apk if you want.

• @Notify Admin - Matteo Can you have a look here ? This bug is very annoying.

• @RaS_KoR said:

@LostEchoes said:

@RaS_KoR said:
    Hi,

Hey there !

Thanks in advance.

I installed it from my last Titanium backup.
    You can get the 6.9.4 version from here : https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/onezerobit/notify-fitness-for-mi-band/notify-fitness-for-mi-band-6-9-4-release/notify-fitness-for-mi-band-6-9-4-android-apk-download/

Or I can try to upload my apk if you want.

Thanks for the feedback ! Do you know if with version 6.9.4 the heart monitoring works while sleeping, just like 6.10.5?
    I would be great if you could upload somewhere your 6.10.5 apk.

p.s. Strange thing is that officially 6.11.4 is the latest (play store) version, but most of us have got an update (only via the app) to 6.11.5 which does not fix the issue, either, and we have no log regarding the overall changes in this new version.
    I also don't understand what's going on with the developer. It seems like he has vanished... He is not answering here in the forums, neither on Play Store comments, and he has not replied to an email I have sent him with a list of the bugs we have discovered the last few weeks. I hope he is OK, and if he is OK, he will soon start giving some feedback, or at least acknowledge the issues we write about for weeks now. We have paid for this app, after all !

• To be fair, the developer DID reply to my email (just a few minutes ago) and I have to give him credits for that.
    I will come back after I try the things he suggested.

• That's great news !

• @LostEchoes said:

You can donwload the apk here : https://ufile.io/w8hfk

• @RaS_KoR said:

@LostEchoes said:

You can donwload the apk here : https://ufile.io/w8hfk

Thanks you.

p.s. My tests with the new beta version (provided to me by the dev), for the time being seem not to have the desired results. I will continue testing it and will see how it goes.

• @RaS_KoR said:
    Hi,
    Hope that developper can fix this.

@RaS_KoR
    Could you please post here screenshots of your settings (maybe by uploading them at https://postimages.org/ or anywhere else) with 6.10.5 regarding the heart monitoring during sleep?
    What we would need are these:

Sleep Tab:
    - the graph which shows the 2w stats
    - the settings which show your selections on "Monitor heart", "Sleep Analysis version", Sleep analysis level", "Analyze all day"

Heart tab:
    - the settings on "Heart Monitor" (tap on it to show us also the detailed settings such as "Interval", "HR mode", "Sleep assistance")

Home tab:
    - the HR stats (if you have them enabled there)

Thanks in advance

• I tried the latest available version
    This morning it seems that heart rate has been measured this night but only few times like 4 or 5
    It's on the right way

• edited October 2018

@StefD said:
    I tried the latest available version
    This morning it seems that heart rate has been measured this night but only few times like 4 or 5
    It's on the right way

Which version exactly? 6.11.4, 6.11.5 or 7.0.x?

Could you please also post your settings I have mentioned above regarding the following ?
    Heart tab:
    - the settings on "Heart Monitor" (tap on it to show us also the detailed settings such as "Interval", "HR mode", "Sleep assistance")

thanks in advance

• edited October 2018

@LostEchoes voila :
    Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081526 Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081646 Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081636 Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081625 Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081610 Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081604 Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081600 Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081550 Screenshot-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band-20181026-081529

• @LostEchoes said:
    @RaS_KoR
    Thanks.
    What about this screen ?

I don't find this screen, can you tell me how to get it ?

• @RaS_KoR said:

@LostEchoes said:
    @RaS_KoR
    Thanks.
    What about this screen ?

I don't find this screen, can you tell me how to get it ?

You have to tap where the blue X is on this screenshot

• edited October 2018

An other thing : when I get the "heart rate monitoring while sleeping" bug with the version 6.11.5 I try many things to solve this. And I upgraded my Miband firmware with the last one avaible at this time (4.16.11.15).
    In order to me, this one is better than my previous firmware(a very old one).

• edited October 2018

Thanks.
    Let's wait and see @StefD 's settings, too.

I'm currently testing 7.03 beta. Nothing stable yet on this front. The HR monitoring during sleep showed up for one night and then stopped working again. I'm in contact with the dev and we'll see. I'm pretty sure he does the best he can to fix this.

• @LostEchoes thanks for your feedback from the beta version. I hesitated to install it, but now I know that I will wait.
    PS : I foget to told that the last firmware with the version 6.11.5 breaks the HR while sleeping.

• edited October 2018

I think I have managed to come to some clearer conclusions about what's happening with this issue. Now I cannot be 100% sure but the troubleshooting I did, leads me to believe the following:

• I think that the Mi Band does measure HR during sleep, if you have set it up to do so. So, when you wake up in the morning, it does have the HR data within it's RAM.
    • I think that the problem lies with the "inability" of some versions of the Notify app to read these data and put them on the relevant statistics graph (meaning: it does not show these HR metrics). This means that either the Notify app does not pull the HR data info from the Mi Band, or that it pulls the HR data from the mi Band but it does not show them !
    • Now the dev suggested that I disabled phone bluetooth during night time to allow the band to track heart automatically through sleep assistance. And this is exactly what I'm always doing, as every night I put the phone to Plane Mode (so both bluetooth and wi-fi are disabled), and I turn Plane Mode off when the morning alarm rings, and all radios are enabled, including bluetooth.
    • Then I launch the Notify app and it is supposed to sync all data (including the HR data during night / sleep time) and show them at the Home tab and elsewhere. And that's where it fails.

Here is how and why I came to that conclusion:

• Today it was the second time that this happened to me: When I install (update or downgrade) another version of the Notify app, all of a sudden the HR stats during sleep show up !

So, in the past (a few days ago) when I upgraded to 7.0.1 beta, the previous night's HR sleep stats showed up.
    Then the next morning it stopped showing the HR sleep stats again.

Last night with the Notify 7.0.3 I got no HR sleep data. Look at the screenshot. You can clearly see that for the night of 25 to 26 October, I had no HR stats during the night. I tried re-calculating data, re-syncing, but nothing. Even at the HEART tab it seemed like the Mi Band had NOT measured the HR during the night at all, even though I had in the settings set up to do so.

Now, today I decided to keep a backup (export backup option) and then I uninstalled 7.0.3 and installed 6.10.5 which is supposed to be the last version without the Night HR issues. I then imported the backup I had kept and ... it immediately showed HR stats for last night! Look at the screenshot. It even showed HR night stats for the 23 to 24 Oct nightime, which were "hidden" in the previous installation !

and this shows that indeed the Mi Band was measuring HR during the night:

I don't know what exactly is happening here. Maybe the problem is that the Notify app does not sync (at all - or it does only some times, randomly) the Night HR data. And maybe uninstalling it and then installing a different version, pushes the Notify app to do a complete and correct sync that does pull the Night HR data. That's happened twice to me, once with this 6.10.5 version, and one other time a few days ago when I went from 6.11.5 to 7.0.1 beta.

Tonigh I will keep 6.10.5 to see if it will have the same issues with the report/stats of HR during the night and will give you feedback.

• Nice post.
    I'm pretty sure that you will have the HR stats with the 6.10.5.
    Maybe the version 6.11.5 retrieves the datas but didn't show them. And an export/import will show the stats correctly.