(click on flag to translate on your language)

A-GPS download info amazfit bip using Notify And fitness only

Hi all,

Is there any way how to download the a-gps data without using the official app MiFit? I have a new a new amazfit bip watches and the waiting fór fix seems to be endless.

Comments

• edited March 2018

Same here. Please add A-GPS update support. Because of this moving blog called earth we have to update A-GPS or wait about 500m of our runs before tracking starts. Installing MiFit once a week can't be the solution, because Notify's the only app you need for anything else.

• I am not sure, but i just found this:
    Go to the Tools tab (Extra tab in Dutch, most right tab for any language).
    Click on firmware update.
    It shows you a new page, with a big download button at the top.
    Press that button and it starts downloading the version to the phone memory.
    After download completed, you see a line with "Firmware 1/2" on it.
    If you click on this line, it will show a dropdown menu and at the bottom is GPS. Click on it.
    It will start downloading the GPS info ( i hope incl. A-GPS) and after checks, you can press the button Udate Firmware (or something like that).

I just tried it, and it does install something (slow), but since i only have this watch a few days, my A-GPS is still valid and i don't know it this procedure is actually updating the A-GPS.
    But you can try and find out.

• @elot said:
    I am not sure, but i just found this:
    Go to the Tools tab (Extra tab in Dutch, most right tab for any language).
    Click on firmware update.
    It shows you a new page, with a big download button at the top.
    Press that button and it starts downloading the version to the phone memory.
    After download completed, you see a line with "Firmware 1/2" on it.
    If you click on this line, it will show a dropdown menu and at the bottom is GPS. Click on it.
    It will start downloading the GPS info ( i hope incl. A-GPS) and after checks, you can press the button Udate Firmware (or something like that).

I just tried it, and it does install something (slow), but since i only have this watch a few days, my A-GPS is still valid and i don't know it this procedure is actually updating the A-GPS.
    But you can try and find out.

Does not make the GPS fixes faster.

• +1 for ability to just update a-gps..

• +1 to have this function on Notify & Fitness. As of now, it requires the official Mi Fit app.

• +1 for function to update a-gps without Mi Fit.

• ...and +1 for ability to just update a-gps :)))

• +1 because it's pretty common update operation

• Confirm that gps doesn't work at the beginning of a run even if i make up date....
    The signal is very long to arrive and the point of the beginning is false.

Please do something because i like this apk

Thank you