(click on flag to translate on your language)

Just bought Notify & Fitness for Mi Band (3) - Some issues I have

edited December 2018 in Questions

I have a non-NFC Mi Band 3 with the latest beta (2.2... with the treadmill option), and a Xiaomi Mi 5 with Lineage OS 15.

1. I've read somewhere that this app (or was Mi Band tools? I don't have that one) allows more accurate reading of heart rate during excercise, thanks to avoiding double proofing in heart rate (many times in heart rate reading it will be somewhat accurate [during rest when working out about 120-130] but in Excercise [continuous reading] it will be about 70). Can you point it to me where this option is?

2. The remote control option would be very handy in the shower, but doesn't work. Firstly, it doesn't detect more than one touch (in both power saving and performance modes), secondly, in Spotify it only let's me play or pause, not skip songs. It does show me the name of the song, same luck with the wrist gesture. Maybe is the beta that needs reworking? I'd like to know where the button pressing delay config is too.

3. Do you have both Mi Fit and Notify? It drained my battery madly. Just uninstalled Mi Fit and i'm gonna keep Notify, but many times it says it does require Mi Fit for some specifics. Any of you have Mi Fit in a dormant state? Settings configuration (permissions, etc.) for using it only when needed, not continiously?

4. I'm intending to drop Google apps alltogether very soon, out of privacy concerns. I really don't know if I could keep using the Pro version without Google Play Services. Does it verify the license with MicroG (Google play services alternative)?

5. Custom firmwares never worked for me, stuck with the American date format. Downloaded from Geekdoing.com, installed with both Notify and Gadgetbridge. I did always install the Firmware and later the resources. Maybe that's the issue? Had two different results - either Connect to update or just showing the Watch but nothing else was working.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Regarding (3):
    I have found that N&F works better (regarding the connection & generally) when Mi Fit is uninstalled.I don't think you need Mi Fit for any reason. At least in my case there's never been a time that I needed Mi Fit to do something. Maybe just for updating to the latest Mi Band firmware, although this can be done via N&F, too, if I'm correct. You may also go into the N&F Tools area and enable: "Mi band discoverable". Then into N&F settings and have "Turn on bluetooth" enabled and choose "Official Mi Fit NOT installed". For even more stable connection with N&F you may also go into Android's settings and exclude N&F app from any Battery Save power mode, so that it never really gets killed by the OS. Furthermore, you may get into "Optimize battery usage" and disable N&F for the same reasons. By the way, N&F does not drain my phone's battery.

Regarding (1):
    When you start a workout, you can choose between Intensive, Moderate or Light HR monitoring.

• @Prem said:
    I have a non-NFC Mi Band 3 with the latest beta (2.2... with the treadmill option), and a Xiaomi Mi 5 with Lineage OS 15.

1. I've read somewhere that this app (or was Mi Band tools? I don't have that one) allows more accurate reading of heart rate during excercise, thanks to avoiding double proofing in heart rate (many times in heart rate reading it will be somewhat accurate [during rest when working out about 120-130] but in Excercise [continuous reading] it will be about 70). Can you point it to me where this option is?

2. The remote control option would be very handy in the shower, but doesn't work. Firstly, it doesn't detect more than one touch (in both power saving and performance modes), secondly, in Spotify it only let's me play or pause, not skip songs. It does show me the name of the song, same luck with the wrist gesture. Maybe is the beta that needs reworking? I'd like to know where the button pressing delay config is too.

3. Do you have both Mi Fit and Notify? It drained my battery madly. Just uninstalled Mi Fit and i'm gonna keep Notify, but many times it says it does require Mi Fit for some specifics. Any of you have Mi Fit in a dormant state? Settings configuration (permissions, etc.) for using it only when needed, not continiously?

4. I'm intending to drop Google apps alltogether very soon, out of privacy concerns. I really don't know if I could keep using the Pro version without Google Play Services. Does it verify the license with MicroG (Google play services alternative)?

5. Custom firmwares never worked for me, stuck with the American date format. Downloaded from Geekdoing.com, installed with both Notify and Gadgetbridge. I did always install the Firmware and later the resources. Maybe that's the issue? Had two different results - either Connect to update or just showing the Watch but nothing else was working.

Thank you for your help!

I have the same problem with spotify.... that's sad :/