(click on flag to translate on your language)

'Mi band only' heart rate detection mode.

When I select 'Mi band only' heart rate detection mode a popup tells me that the detection frequency will be increased during workouts/ exercise for better accuracy of results. The band interprets even the most basic actions like typing or even tidying up a desk as workout and the heart rate is checked every 5 seconds or so.

Is this really not a N&F app option as the popup mentions? Because when I use the MiFit app the frequency is not changed even during workouts. I have even observed missing values for heart rate during sleep.

Comments

• I have found that "Use Notify app and Mi Band device" works better most of the times.
    You could try and see what works in your case.

p.s. I think that the frequency that changes during workouts (HR checked every 5 minutes) is actually a good thing. When I manually start a workout I change it to "Intensive" (which means continuously). This setting is supposedly giving better and more "real" stats.

• @LostEchoes said:
    I have found that "Use Notify app and Mi Band device" works better most of the times.
    You could try and see what works in your case.

p.s. I think that the frequency that changes during workouts (HR checked every 5 minutes) is actually a good thing. When I manually start a workout I change it to "Intensive" (which means continuously). This setting is supposedly giving better and more "real" stats.

The change of frequency would be a good thing if I was actually working out or even just going for a run but in most cases I'm doing menial jobs and I later see the HR had been measured every 5 seconds or so.
    I'm currently using the 'App only' mode which measures it according to the set frequency. I however don't like the fact that it has to be connected to the app always for this to work.