(click on flag to translate on your language)

the beta version 8.10.1 drains me the battery of the band

Hi. I wanted to know if it's my problem that with this version I drain between 2% or 3% of the battery per hour. Does it happen to you? How do I use it?

Comments

• @deku said:
    Hi. I wanted to know if it's my problem that with this version I drain between 2% or 3% of the battery per hour. Does it happen to you? How do I use it?

It's happening to me aswell. Did you enable emojis? I updated to 8.10.1 and enabled emojis with custom firmware (from Notify) at the same time, so I don't know exactly what's the cause.

• I tried to install the emoji firmware, but I could not and I urged the official fireware again

• @inseedious said:

@deku said:

It's happening to me aswell. Did you enable emojis? I updated to 8.10.1 and enabled emojis with custom firmware (from Notify) at the same time, so I don't know exactly what's the cause.

I tried to install the emoji firmware, but I could not and I urged the official fireware again

• edited July 2019

@deku said:

@inseedious said:

@deku said:

I tried to install the emoji firmware, but I could not and I urged the official fireware again

After further testing, the battery is still draining despite I downgraded to 8.9.8. I'm almost sure the cause is the custom font firmware, so I'll write you if anything will change after a downgrade to a stock one.

• not as tragic but anyway this app is tragic, pity as it is leggible (also the info are not much)

The main problem which is NOT saved by the developer is connection. If it does not connect or disconnects, so it is not doing its work. It seems that the developer does not understand English or does not care at all for there are numerous written comments regarding it for monts, but the problem persists in each new version (by the way why new versions are OUTSIDE the google shop?).

That means also that messages ARE NOT send (very often) to the band - the feature on which many persons rely.

By the way continuous disconnectin and atempts to connect drains battery this way.

I have NO such problems with other applications, so evidently the developer is not capable to fix it and set it right.

There are also problems with data loss.

If I loss my data from MiBand and it is not shown then on teh app, so what for to use it?

You use MiBand without your phone and expect to have transferred the data afterward. I do NOT need this app neither the band itself, if I have to keeep all the time my smartphone in my pocket. In this case Google Fit is enough and works even better then MiBand and the app combined.

• in the end resetie to manufactures the band and the problem was solved

• @deku said:
    in the end resetie to manufactures the band and the problem was solved

Nice. Did you do it directly on the band or through an app? Did it revert your band to an old firmware?

• in the end resetie to manufactures the band and the problem was solved> @inseedious said:

@deku said:

Nice. Did you do it directly on the band or through an app? Did it revert your band to an old firmware?

i do it directly on the band. you go to "more" and go to "option" There is an option that says "factory reset"or something like that

• @deku said:
    in the end resetie to manufactures the band and the problem was solved> @inseedious said:

@deku said:

i do it directly on the band. you go to "more" and go to "option" There is an option that says "factory reset"or something like that

Yeah, I knew about that option but wasn't sure that it also does a firmware downgrade. Did it do it?

• @inseedious said:

@deku said:
    in the end resetie to manufactures the band and the problem was solved> @inseedious said:

@deku said:

Yeah, I knew about that option but wasn't sure that it also does a firmware downgrade. Did it do it?

I did the reset and I didn't have the drainage problem anymore. Test. you are going to unlink the band of the app "mi fit" and you will have to re-link it