Continuous heart monitoring bug?

edited October 2018 in Problems

Just found out that since moving from Mi Band 2 to 3 heart monitoring seems to work differently.
I set it up, so it test my heart rate once every 2 hours. Option to double the test was enabled (I disabled it right before writing this), so it may be that. Will be checking it now.

The problem is that it doesn't check it once, twice or even three times to have right measurement. It does it 15-20 times for like 20-30 minutes!

Coz of that in 3 days battery of me band is at 81%. I knoe that few first times baterry is little worse (had it with MB 2 and Bip), but 20% in 3 days? It have to be this "bug" or something.

Or maybe I just don't know of there is some option causing this? I checked all menus I could thonk,of, but I might miss something...
It"s not "sleep mode" as I don't use it - once every 2 hours is enough.

Comments

  • Btw. I'm using Mi Band app version 7.0.1.

  • edited October 2018

    Still the same l even if "improve results" is off it just checked heart rate 8 times - first it was 4 times and two minutes later 4 times again...

    Forgot to write: I use Mi Band and Notify to measure heart rate and I know that it may do more measurements when exercising. However heart rate around 60-80 is not an exercise, right?

    Not sure what's a problem. Any way to create a log or something?

  • edited October 2018

    Generally I think there are bugs in the way the last versions of Notify handle and measure the HR, whether it is in daytime or during sleep. I have my HR monitoring set up every 30 minutes, sometimes it works fine, others and especially during sleep it stops working, and some other times it brings up measurements with a frequency of (every) 2 minutes, while ...I'm sleeping, which is obviously not an "exercise" condition and quite far from the "every 30 minutes" interval setting I have chosen.

    You might want to have a look here - I don't think these bugs are unrelated. In my opinion, generally the way the app handles HR monitoring leaves a lot to be desired.

    http://forum.mibandnotify.com/discussion/352/heart-monitoring-while-sleeping/p1

  • Oh, and it's understandable that the developer might not have enough time to come here often at this message board and check every single post, so maybe the best for all of us would be to email him and describe these issues.

  • Hi, I use Mi Fit + Notify and I have a problem with the heart rate monitor. He does not measure his heart. How to set both apps to work? :-\

  • @DJRICO said:
    Hi, I use Mi Fit + Notify and I have a problem with the heart rate monitor. He does not measure his heart. How to set both apps to work? :-\

    Do you want / need both apps to work ? You can have Notify and uninstall Mi Fit.
    Notify has way more options than Mi Fit.

  • @LostEchoes said:

    @DJRICO said:
    Hi, I use Mi Fit + Notify and I have a problem with the heart rate monitor. He does not measure his heart. How to set both apps to work? :-\

    Do you want / need both apps to work ? You can have Notify and uninstall Mi Fit.
    Notify has way more options than Mi Fit.

    Yes, but in Notify I do not like an overview of the steps. It's nicer in an official app. I apologize for machine English.

  • @DJRICO said:

    @LostEchoes said:

    @DJRICO said:
    Hi, I use Mi Fit + Notify and I have a problem with the heart rate monitor. He does not measure his heart. How to set both apps to work? :-\

    Do you want / need both apps to work ? You can have Notify and uninstall Mi Fit.
    Notify has way more options than Mi Fit.

    Yes, but in Notify I do not like an overview of the steps. It's nicer in an official app. I apologize for machine English.

    I have found out that Notify works better on its own, without Mi Fit.
    Having Mi Fit along with Notify was always bringing issues for me.
    I much prefer the way Notify shows statistics. It seems overwhelming and "too much" at first, but after a few days you get used to it and soon you appreciate the detailed information it gives you. And the new home page of Notify (version 7.0.1 and up) looks great and cleaner than before. It also provides you with motivational quotes to reach your goals regarding steps.

  • I'm just enjoying more of this step.

    https://www.imageupload.co.uk/image/TvlG

    So I'm just trying to use Notify.

  • @LostEchoes said:

    @DJRICO said:

    @LostEchoes said:

    @DJRICO said:
    Hi, I use Mi Fit + Notify and I have a problem with the heart rate monitor. He does not measure his heart. How to set both apps to work? :-\

    Do you want / need both apps to work ? You can have Notify and uninstall Mi Fit.
    Notify has way more options than Mi Fit.

    Yes, but in Notify I do not like an overview of the steps. It's nicer in an official app. I apologize for machine English.

    I have found out that Notify works better on its own, without Mi Fit.
    Having Mi Fit along with Notify was always bringing issues for me.
    I much prefer the way Notify shows statistics. It seems overwhelming and "too much" at first, but after a few days you get used to it and soon you appreciate the detailed information it gives you. And the new home page of Notify (version 7.0.1 and up) looks great and cleaner than before. It also provides you with motivational quotes to reach your goals regarding steps.

    I've already made your recommendations and I'm only using Notify. Unfortunately, the heart rate monitor does not work, only manually on a bracelet.
    https://i.imgur.com/9uAM9Pk.png

  • edited October 2018

    @DJRICO said:
    I've already made your recommendations and I'm only using Notify. Unfortunately, the heart rate monitor does not work, only manually on a bracelet.
    https://i.imgur.com/9uAM9Pk.png

    Can you upload somewhere and post here screenshots with your settings?
    Have you uninstalled Mi Fit ?

    Here are my settings

    Screenshot-20181030-081427-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band

  • edited October 2018

    @LostEchoes said:

    @DJRICO said:
    I've already made your recommendations and I'm only using Notify. Unfortunately, the heart rate monitor does not work, only manually on a bracelet.
    https://i.imgur.com/9uAM9Pk.png

    Can you upload somewhere and post here screenshots with your settings?
    Have you uninstalled Mi Fit ?

    Here are my settings

    Screenshot-20181030-081427-Notify-Fitness-for-Mi-Band

    Mi fit uninstalled. Here's the setting.
    https://imgur.com/a/uHhDFmP

    https://imgur.com/a/SfsQC92

    https://imgur.com/a/3vQ2DiM

    There is no exercise either. Turning on the exercise immediately disconnects

    Notify 7.0.4

  • Turn on "Improve results" (Zlepsit Vysledky).

    Then reboot your phone.

    Then launch Notify and try a "sync last 2 days data from Mi band"

    and see how it goes.
    It might take some minutes / hours to show results

  • @LostEchoes said:
    Turn on "Improve results" (Zlepsit Vysledky).

    Then reboot your phone.

    Then launch Notify and try a "sync last 2 days data from Mi band"

    and see how it goes.
    It might take some minutes / hours to show results

    Okay, I'll try and then let me know. Thank you

  • edited October 2018

    @LostEchoes said:
    Turn on "Improve results" (Zlepsit Vysledky).

    Then reboot your phone.

    Then launch Notify and try a "sync last 2 days data from Mi band"

    and see how it goes.
    It might take some minutes / hours to show results

    Okay, I'll try. Thank you

  • @DJRICO said:

    @LostEchoes said:
    Turn on "Improve results" (Zlepsit Vysledky).

    Then reboot your phone.

    Then launch Notify and try a "sync last 2 days data from Mi band"

    and see how it goes.
    It might take some minutes / hours to show results

    Okay, I'll try. Thank you

    This is even worse, once I turn on heart rate measurement, the bracelet is disconnected and no longer connected. When he joins, he does nothing and disconnects.

  • So, at least the steps and the sleep are measured. Heartbeat still does not work. :-(

  • What do you mean "once I turn on heart rate measurement" ? Don't you have it always ON ?

    I guess if it counts steps and sleep, then the disconnection issues are gone.

    You might want to play with the heart monitor settings. Change the interval, then choose "Use mi band only", or one of the other 2 options and see how it goes.

  • @LostEchoes said:
    What do you mean "once I turn on heart rate measurement" ? Don't you have it always ON ?

    I guess if it counts steps and sleep, then the disconnection issues are gone.

    You might want to play with the heart monitor settings. Change the interval, then choose "Use mi band only", or one of the other 2 options and see how it goes.

    It just happens that when I turn off my pulse measurement, the bracelet is stable.
    Heartbeat, of course, does not work. When I click on Notify the heart starts measuring, but the bracelet disconnects and reconnects. But the measurement will not take place at all.

  • Are you sure your band does not have a hardware fault ?
    Which is it ? Mi Band 2, 3, something else ?

  • It's Mi Band 3 + Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 SE
    It has worked well for several days (Mi Fit + Notify installed).
    Then it started to blunder and then I wrote to you. Unfortunately, even firmware updates did not help. Also, no battery discharge. :-(
    It comes to me that the cellphone receives commands from the bracelet, but not from the mobile (Application).
    For example: When the alert comes, it will appear for a few seconds, then the bracelet is disconnected and then connected again. So the same thing is true with pulse measurement (Heart rate measurement is disconnected and measurement is not performed). :-/

  • Now I came to something. When I have a stopwatch on the bracelet. Heart rate measurement works and the connection is stable. Really weird.

  • @DJRICO said:
    Now I came to something. When I have a stopwatch on the bracelet. Heart rate measurement works and the connection is stable. Really weird.

    Maybe it is indeed an issue that has to do with the connection between the band and the phone / app. Have you read this ?

    http://forum.mibandnotify.com/discussion/184/connection-pairing-sync-issues-solutions#latest

  • Yes, I tried it. Now I'm trying to drain the bracelet again.

  • I flashed the ROM phone and it seems that everything works. Probably solved :smile:

  • @DJRICO said:
    I flashed the ROM phone and it seems that everything works. Probably solved :smile:

    That's great.

Sign In or Register to comment.