With Mi Fit or without Mi Fit?

Notify app can works with or without official Mi Fit app.
We usually suggest use only one app to prevent any conflicts (especially connecttions issues)

If you want keep both apps, please first install and pair official Mi Fit app. Ensure then everything is working correclty.
We suggest enable the "Show notification status" on official Mi Fit app general settings to improve apps compatibility.
Mi Fit app must stay opened and connected all the time, or connection with band will not work You cannot keep mi fit app closed and open it only sometimes.
Then you can install notify app.

I was using official Mi Fit app, can I remove it?
Of course, you can remove official app, we suggest follow correct steps:
- unpair band from official Mi Fit app
- uninstall official Mi Fit app
- open notify app and check on notify app main left menu if you see "Mi Fit NOT installed" correctly
- from main left menu do "Repair Mi Band"

Suggested tutorial: How solve connections issues?

Comments

• edited April 2018

I was using official Mi Fit app, can I remove it?
    Of course, you can remove official app, we suggest follow correct steps

Hi, this does NOT work.

After we unpair from Mi Fit app the watch is reset, and you can only see black screen with a pic of watch and phone. Watch is not responsive. Exact same thing when I first turn on the watch for the first time ever.

Repairing in Notify, it DOES connect, it says it's connected, but watch stil shows the black screen and you can't do anything. I tried everything like fresh install, firmware reset, etc. Help.

Maybe the newest firmware did this? I recently got the watch and it updated automatically when I first paired with the Mi Fit app.

Thanks.

• @legato said:

(...)

Hi, this does NOT work.

After we unpair from Mi Fit app the watch is reset, and you can only see black screen with a pic of watch and phone. Watch is not responsive. Exact same thing when I first turn on the watch for the first time ever.

Repairing in Notify, it DOES connect, it says it's connected, but watch stil shows the black screen and you can't do anything. I tried everything like fresh install, firmware reset, etc. Help.

(...)

Hello everybody!
    That is happening to me too, I can only see black screen with a pic of watch and phone, no UI at all on the Bip watch, but if I request a Heart measurement I can see back green light flashing... I suspect it is a compatibility problem between App and Bip, because I've tried also another smartphone with another android version but nothing changed.
    With Mi Fit app installed,The Ui on the watch works ok BUT I experienced several connection probs, which I cant always resolve so I cant use your Notufy&Amazfit app, which I bought.

My Bipwatch firmware version is 0.1.1.29.
    Regards,

Simona

• I can confirm that I also get the icons on my watch that makes it look like it still needs to be paired. The Notify & Fitness Amazit app says it is paired and gives some data too. But the display of the watch gives me nothing. I hope we can one day ditch the Mi Fit app and use the M&F app only.

PS. I have the Pro version

• The same here.

PS. I have the Pro version, too

• edited April 2018

You just need repair band when you see a screenshot like this
    - open notify app and check on notify app main left menu if you see "Mi Fit NOT installed" correctly
    - from main left menu do "Repair band"

if you reset watch, please redo initial pairing, so:
    - from main left menu do "Replace with new band"

• The issue is not solved.
    There's what I did:
    unpair watch with mifit,
    uninstall mifit,
    open notify & fitness app,
    On left panel click change watch,
    Mifit see watch so I click to connect,
    Nothing happened,
    I left panel i click reconnect watch,
    Question on watch appears, click OK,
    Notify connects to the watch: sync works, heart rate works (sensor blinks green),
    But the watch doesn't show hour or other, only phone and watch icon appears, as before connection.
    This issue is not solved!

• Maybe its a version problem. I have tried it with firmware 1.1.14 without success.

• Try install official mi fit app to ensure everything is working fine on watch, then remove official app if not required

• edited April 2018

I am having the same issue and I'm about to lose it when it comes to setting up Notify. I have followed the exact steps outlined above and the bip sits at the connect to phone icon. Also note that the screen shot above is not the screen we are seeing, it's the screen with nothing but a watch and phone.

Notify Pro

Firmware 1.1.14

Same issue in 1.1.29

• Can confirm this issue.

I have the same problem, after unpairing the watch from the "MiFit"-app the watch only shows the clock - smartphone symbol.

The app "Notify & Fitness for Amazfit" shows the text "MiFit is not installed" after uninstalling the MiFit-app and it even connects correctly with the Bip-watchb but the watch itself shows nothing else as the pair symbol (clock and smartphone).

Tried the repair and reconnect function and restarted the smartphone but nothing helps. The only option to get the watch working is to install the MiFit-app and connect it with the watch again.

So at the moment for me it isn't possible to use the Notify & Fitness - App alone without MiFit.

• @Notify Admin - Matteo said:
    You just need repair band when you see a screenshot like this
    - from main left menu do "Repair band"

if you reset watch, please redo initial pairing, so:
    - from main left menu do "Replace with new band"

Sorry but this not work. Just as the others are saying, the problem persists. Two apps running gives me trouble, I prefer only this app and not also the Mifit one.

Please advise us :)

• According to admin and some my efforts i have done following steps:
    1. Unpair from mi fit app
    2. Uninstall mi fit app
    3. Reboot mobile
    4. Start notify app
    5. Select left bar option Repair amazfit
    6.amazefit watch asking √ or x then i choose √
    7. After i choose left bar amazfit 'profile' option and update my details
    8. Start sync and notify started sync
    9. Watch also displayed time as i was first time connected to mi fit.
    Now i am free from mi fit app and using only notify app. Thanks admin

• Chapeau vru351 !!
    Followed your solution and everything works again: THK

• edited June 2018

vru351 thanks! works fine profile update is a key point after pairing watch.

But how about unpairing? factory reset is enough for? to pair watch with another phone? ex: selling watch to someone?

• I unpaired Mifit (in the bluetooth connections menu on my phone) and uninstalled MIFit. Notify and Fitness recognized this and told me to use the three line menu drop down at the top left to "re-pair Amazfit" - which I did and the Notify & Fitness app seems to sync with my Bip but it does not show a blueetooth pairing in my phone. How is it connecting to my phone?